Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I'm Always Busy

I've been inevitably busy the past few months. Suddenly, my twins were both on the move- sweet Jessa is walking! J is more challenging by the day, sometimes behavior wise but mostly just being 2 & needing activities & attention. & my sweet Joey, the kid is right behind is sissy & trying to keep up. I swear he'll be walking soon! 

My smokin' hot husband & I are leading a connect group this fall for our church. We are enjoying are group- the lessons, the get togethers, & of course the people- but I've definitely taken on much more than I like. I love CG & think they are vital for growth, but sometimes they are more of a hassle than enjoyable for me. Next year, I'll sit on the sidelines. 

Excuse my inconsistent blogging, I wish I had the time to write every time a subject crossed my mind. I wish I could pour out all the thoughts & feelings that race through me all day, every day. I wish

I always seem to come back to this point:busy. I hate busy. & yet it seems to find me & I seem to chase it. How do you stop busy? How do you stop life? HOW do I say no to all the people who want & need me to do things? How do I say no to the parties of the people who always make it to ours? If you've figured out how  to do these things, let me know. 

I miss so much while I'm busy. I miss simple Saturdays spent doing nothing but whatever our family chooses. I miss teachable moments because I'm rushing to an appointment or a play date. I miss sweet smiles who just want to be held. I miss quiet moments that could be spent celebrating what I have. I miss much more, but I get so busy, I don't have time to think about what I'm missing. 

It's only November & I'm already thinking of New Year Resolutions. & this coming year, I have only 1. 

-take time & enjoy life

All the beauty and all the chaos and all the quiet. Enjoy every moment without thinking about the next. Embrace the now and stop missing the moments I'll never get back. 

Is busy affecting your life? If so, I challenge you to think about what you could gain from taking time to enjoy life.

For me, I'll gain memories. I'll gain more energy and less stress. I'll gain family time. I'll gain myself, my children, and my husband back. 

XOXOX, 
Harmon Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment