Monday, April 7, 2014

Joey


I always wanted a boy. Like, always. I never even wanted any girls. Three boys. That was it. But somehow, God gave me all I ever wanted. 


He gave me you. My sweet, lovable, funny Joey. A prince, in a house full of princesses. 


I love you so much that it makes my heart hurt. I love you so much that I never want you out of my arms. 



I love that you look and act just like daddy. You are daddy's little man, you are momma's little sweetheart. 

 
My sweet Joey. Always smiling, forever laughing. 

I don't want you to grow. I don't want you to date. I don't want you to ever lose your ability to laugh at the simple things. 


As my son, I love you different. I want different for you. I will hold you accountable differently. I don't love you less, I don't love you more-I love you different. 

You are the only, my only son. You are special, you are different. 


There will come a day when I am not the most beautiful woman you know. There will come a day when I will not get kisses.  There will come a day when you do not want a hug. I will hate those days. But I will take comfort knowing that your dad & I prepared you for those days. The day when you are no longer a boy, the day you are a man


But to me, you will always be my baby. My beautiful 6 pound 4 ounces, blue eyed, care free blessing. What a blessing you are. What a light you are to my life. 


& if there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that you will be a light to others. 

XOXOX, 
Harmon Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment