Monday, April 21, 2014

Simple Spaghetti Sauce



Did you know that there's people out there who literally don't know how to cook even spaghetti?? I assure you, there are. I'm often surprised when my friends ask me how to cook it. To me, it's such a simple meal. But, this is for all you  (I know you're out there) who honestly don't know how to cook a simple batch of spaghetti! If you can't boil water, you're out of luck because I don't have time to get that basic. ;) 

You can use any type of noodles you like, but I try to make gluten free as much as possible so we prefer the quinoa noodles. My store was all out so tonight we're using brown rice noodles! What's different about this spaghetti is the sauce. I used bottled up until we changed our eating in a big way. I worked on getting a sauce we like the best, & this is it! I'm a veggie girl, my smokin' hot husband is a meat man-& this sauce is a great compromise in between! 

Simple Spaghetti Sauce

Ingredients 
1 lb hamburger meat 
1 cup chopped pepper mix (red, yellow, orange) --I cut 3 whole peppers up & freeze them. I get about 3 cups from them all. I like the flavors of the mixed peppers.)
1 can tomato sauce (we use no salt added)
1 can italian diced tomatoes
2 tbsp sugar 
2 cloves garlic, minced 
1/2 tbsp dried basil
1/2 tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tbsp dried parsley flakes 

Directions
1. Brown meat in skillet with mixed peppers. 
2. Drain any excess fat if needed. 
3. Add garlic and stir. Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, spices, and sugar. 
4. Let simmer for 10 minutes. 
5. Top your noddles of choice with the sauce & enjoy! 


 I served my plate with 1 slice of toasted Ezekial bread - yum! 

How simple is that? But it's so tasty! My smokin' hot husband says it's his favorite. I'm not sure if he's telling the truth or if he's just smart. But I can tell you, this sauce is delicious! Happy cooking. 

XOXOX, 
Harmon Housewife





No comments:

Post a Comment