Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

Okay people, before you totally disregard this recipe as I previously would have - I'm telling you, TRY IT. 

I have never, I repeat, never tried a turkey meatloaf recipe that was even decently to my liking. Until tonight

I'm honestly not sure if I'll even go back to beef because of how much my crew enjoyed this recipe! I had a pound of ground turkey & I really just wasn't in the mood for Mexican food (what I usually use ground turkey for). So I stepped outside my cooking comfort box & made this. So, so, so, so, so, so, so glad. & as always, this recipe is toddler approved :) 


Are you ready for the best turkey meatloaf ever? Hope so, cause here it is! 

Ingredients: 
1 lb ground turkey 
1 can rotel 
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
4 tsp beef bouillon 
8 tsp minced onion 
1 tsp onion powder 
1/4 tsp minced garlic 

Directions: 
--Preheat to 375 degrees. 
1. Combine all listed ingredients and mix well. As my J says, "Work it girl! Work it!" -You want to work that meat mixture until it's totally combined! She's my favorite cheerleader :) 
2. Once your ingredients are well mixed, grab a little from the mix & roll into a ball. Put in a muffin tin. (I didn't measure the size of my "muffins" I just put them in and they reached the top of the muffin tin). My mix made 12 perfectly sized "muffins".
3. Bake for 40 minutes. 
4. Top with ketchup glaze of choice. 
5. Bake for additional 10 minutes. 

Enjoy! 

Try this, doooooo it! 

If you still need to be convinced, here are the nutritional facts from this recipe- before ketchup glaze. This is for 1 muffin! 


XOXOX, 
Harmon Housewife 

No comments:

Post a Comment