Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fall Plans

So, in the fall I'm planning on working with J and my babies. I do daily but for J, I'm ready for set lessons/activities. A friend of mine is planning on doing this as well, she's the one who approached me about it! We will work with our girls & get together with them for more learning opportunities. She has a teaching background so educational play is very important to her & her family as well. We don't have set plans yet but we have discussed a few things. I'm a total freak about planning so I already emailed her a "unit" plan. She is coming up with things as well so it will be a group effort. I just want to get your minds thinking about our plans so that if you're looking for something for your sweetie, maybe you can get ideas from my weekly post about our "homeschool". 

This is not school. Our kids are not "school age". But any age, is learning age! & we're taking full advantage. 

I couldn't find a curriculum I liked. & frankly, I don't like "curriculums" because I don't like being bound to only certain things. But, I do like having a plan. So I write it out curriculum style and go with the flow as time passes. Each week, I'll load my plan & let you know what did/didn't go as planned. I browsed Pinterest, Google, bing, and all over the internet to get ideas and start thinking and have a great first couple of weeks lined up already. Are you ready for a brief glimpse? Read on. 

----
Here's how our week will look: 

One day I will have moms group. Two days we will work intentionally on activities/subjects/projects. And two days will be free days but I will have manipulatives that are topic related set out. She'll also have the option of these manipulatives the day we have moms group, but moms group usually takes up our entire morning with travel, play, naps, etc. So that's the basic breakdown. 

Here's an example of topic/activities:

Topic - Creation - "Self & Environmental Awareness" 

Examples of we will do for activities/projects: 
-nature walks
-visit zoo and/or aquarium
-grow plants
-discuss friends
-discuss families 
-books related to self, family, nature, etc.  
-cook family recipes 
-discuss feelings
-discuss body parts

----
I have certain objectives I want to meet for J. I will share those & a more detailed plan with activity/projects when I share the full schedule. Here's the thing, just like I modified ideas and plans to make this, you can modify my plans to make yours. Every child needs different learning opportunities and different objectives depending on their developmental level. Use these, tweek these, omit these. Whatever fits your family. I'd love to see you do some of my plans with your littles so if you do decide to, make sure and tag me @harmonhousewife on Instagram or post to my Facebook page directly.

So my twin sweeties won't be ready for set lessons in the fall. & that's exactly why each week I will post a bonus section with play ideas for 6-12 month olds. 

I do hope you'll follow our year & hopefully get some ideas or at least your creative juices flowing! 

XOXOX,
Harmon Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment