Monday, June 2, 2014

From This Anniversary to Our Last


Three years ago, I was getting ready to marry my smokin' hot husband. I was dreaming about his face as I would walk down the aisle in the most amazing dress I had tried on. I was thinking about the week we would spend in Jamaica. I was thinking about all that life would bring us in the future. I was smitten. I was crazy in love. I was hopeful. 


Today, I am in workout clothes.. I'm wearing my usual ponytail with my usual clean, no makeup face. I am thinking about how that trip in Jamaica was the last time I'll ever wear a bikini on the beach. Today, I am in the present, that was once our future. I am still smitten. I am still crazy in love. & I am still hopeful. 


I am still smitten with the boy I fell in love with. I am smitten with the man he has become. I still get butterflies when he kisses me. I still get excited when he's in his way to see me from work. I still look forward to just being in his presence. I am still smitten with all he was and all that he is. 


I am still crazy in love with the boy I married. I am crazy in love with the man he has become. This man, who is everything and more that I need him to be. I still love when he asks me on a date. I still love when he texts or calls me randomly in the middle of the day to tell me I'm pretty. I am still crazy in love with all that he was and all that he is. 


I am still hopeful of what our future will bring. I am hopeful every day. I am surprised each year by what has come, what has gone, and what we have planned. My dreams, his dreams, mending into our dreams. 


The people we were, we no longer know. I have fallen in love with the man I am married to today. I continue to fall in love with who he is each day. Today, he is a father, a man with a growing career, a Godly man, a caring man, my man. Tomorrow, I do not know what he will be. But I do know this to be true, he will always be my man. I will continue to pursue who he is each day, so that I may love him each day in new ways. 


We have been on the fast track from day 1. Two weeks after being together, we said "I love you." Soon after, we knew it was forever. Four months after marriage, we found out we were expecting our sweet J. & here we are, the day of our third anniversary, with three amazing children. 



What was on once 2, became 5. The life we've built, the laughs we have shared, the love we have is what makes my life so wonderful. I will always love him from this anniversary to our last. 

Proof I'm lucky:
A picture of tonight's date after all the fun things he planned for me today. Surprised me with a full day off, Skyzone, Los Cabos for lunch, 4 mile bike ride along riverside, then dinner :)



XOXOX,
Harmon Housewife





No comments:

Post a Comment