Saturday, March 8, 2014

BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

Holy yum. 



First of all, baked sweet potatoes are delicious all on their own. Fact. Then there's BBQ, delicious. Put them together? Holy yum

I've been loving sweet potatoes for awhile and like I said before, I can't eat the same thing over and over. But what I can do is put a twist on simple things that make what I'm eating feel new! I actually got this idea via Pinterest after seeing a pulled pork stuffed sweet potato. I'm sure that's delicious but I didn't have any pork! & I'm a use what you have kind of girl. 

You need to make these. They're so filling and so incredibly yummy that I can't even fully describe because you just have to taste it! 

You can always make your own BBQ spice but Cain's is just my favorite. It's what my Papa always used when making anything BBQ & I just can't get away from it. If I'm making anything BBQ, Cain's is my go-to! 



Ingredients
3 sweet potatoes, baked
1/2 cup water 
2 chicken breast, rubbed with BBQ spice of choice 
3 tbsp BBQ sauce (of choice) 
BBQ sauce to taste (for topping) 

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour 1/2 cup water in baking dish. Place your chicken into dish & bake your BBQ rubbed chicken for 20-30 minutes or until it's completely cooked. 

2. Remove chicken from oven & let rest for 10 minutes. Shred the chicken & mix in BBQ sauce. 

3. Slice baked sweet potatoes in half. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. 

4. Top sweet potato halves with shredded chicken mixture. 

5. Drizzle BBQ sauce over the top. 

Holy yum

So simple, so good. I served ours with this easy red cabbage & carrot slaw! 

For the slaw: 
2 cups shredded red cabbage & carrot mix
1/2 cup Greek yogurt 
3 tbsp Pickle juice (trust me) 
2 tbsp sugar 
Salt & pepper to taste 
Sriracha to taste (or omit if you're not into spicy) 

--Mix all ingredients together & chill until you're ready to serve. 

The slaw makes the perfect addition to these yummy potatoes. Enjoy :) 

XOXOX, 
Harmon Housewife
 


No comments:

Post a Comment