Monday, March 3, 2014

Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken



Roasted chicken is a favorite in the Harmon House. Mainly because it is so easy & also because it's so versatile. I enjoy switching up how I cook it because in the Harmon House we eat quite a lot of chicken! I'm not a leftover person or a person who can eat the same thing over and over. So when I cook chicken, I'm always trying to create a different dish with it! Our favorite meals have been those I made up at the last minute. This recipe is one of those treasures I cooked up with what I had on hand & it. was. deeeeeeelicious. I've made several roasted chickens with similar ingredients but the lemon & rosemary in this just taste wonderful together. The more you cook, the more you start knowing what spices and flavors go together. This is essential when you're trying to be creative in the kitchen. Get the basics down and start playing around. Don't be afraid to try new things!

So, are you ready for an easy, delicious, & quick meal you can cook up for your family? Okay, in full disclosure it's not really quick cooking but it is a quick prep meal & I usually prep it the night before once all the sweeties are tucked away dreaming. Give this recipe a try, you won't be sorry! & you WILL make it again :) 

Ingredients:



1 whole chicken 
4 tbsp butter, melted
Juice of 1 lemon + zest 
1/2 tbsp rosemary  
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions: 
1. Place your chicken in a roasting pan & preheat your oven to 375 degrees. 
2. Mix the zest & juice of 1 lemon into melted butter, mix well. 
3. Drizzle melted butter mixture all over the chicken. 
3. Sprinkle rosemary, salt, & pepper over the chicken evenly.


4. Roast chicken covered in the oven for 1 hour. Remove cover and roast for 1 additional hour uncovered
5. Remove chicken from oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before serving. 


You have to comment and let me know if you enjoyed this wonderful recipe! I served ours with rice & carrots. Do yourself a favor and chop your own fresh carrots. They're so good when you make them fresh & just as cheap! I got my bag of carrots for just 75 cents! About 5 extra minutes to peel & chop and my family enjoys a fresh, simple side. My sweet J thoroughly enjoyed dinner...as you can tell! :) if it's toddler approved, you know it's yummy! 



XOXOX, 
Harmon Housewife 

No comments:

Post a Comment