Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Dear Single Mom

Today, I am exhausted. I spent the day with family and I'm still exhausted. & as I sit here with my husband who's rocking my sweet Joey to sleep, my heart begins to ache for those who do this mom thing alone. I'm tremendously blessed to have the support I do from those around me. So, instead of feeling sorry for myself for being exhausted, I decide to write to the single mom. Some of the toughest ladies out there! 

Dear Single Mom, 

I'd like to take a minute and really ask you, "How do you do it?" By the end of the day I'm completely worn down. I literally can't wait until my husband comes home just so I can hand a baby off. I honestly don't think I could do it alone....so here's to you, the single mom

Here's to every diaper you changed all day and all night

Here's to all the tears you wiped away. 

Here's to being the mom and the dad to your blessing(s). 

Here's to all the housework you do on top of everything else

Here's to the nights you spent wondering why you're doing it alone, those nights made you stronger. 

Here's to working all day and playing til bedtime when you're already exhausted. 

Here's to all the days you spent working when you wished you could be home. 

Here's to showing your children women are strong too

Here's to being the leader, the teacher, the preacher, the provider, and the glue that holds your home together. 

Here's to everything you do and deal with that I could never know anything about

Here's to you, the single mom, the real super mom. You do everything I do, only you do it alone. & I applaud you! 


XOXOX, 
Harmon Housewife 

No comments:

Post a Comment