Sunday, March 2, 2014

How Far We've Come

When Joe & I got married we moved into a small one bedroom apartment. I remember we were so happy to finally live together and have our place. We'd sit and eat our hamburger helper and talk about all the things we were going to do when we got real jobs. What would we do with all our time without having to go to school and go to work? We'd talk about the house we'd have and the three boys that'd be running around it. That's what I wanted, three boys. I think about how we'd laugh & say, "One day, when all this happens, we'll think back to this night and this time. We'll wish that our rent & bills were this cheap." & today, as we did the final walk through at our new home before the closing, I thought about that night

I thought about how this man that I'm married to now, isn't the man I talked about those dreams with. In our very short time of marriage we have become two different people from the beginning. We came from two crazy college kids falling in love to a family of five. How wild is that?! We have three children and this coming June we will be married for three years! But the craziest part is, I'm much more in love with the man I'm married to now than the man I married. I've seen this man with my children and there is nothing that makes you love your husband more than seeing him be a father. It's a completely different level of love. 

I thought about how I wanted three boys. How silly was that! I can't imagine life without my girls. Lucky for me, He knew exactly what my heart wanted. 

I thought about how I was just beginning to venture out in my cooking and the first night I burned dinner. The first time Joe grabbed Chinese takeout and we sat on the floor watching Netflix entirely too long because we didn't have to get up in the early morning. I thought about when it was just us. I'm fairly certain we took that time for granted. 

I sat there trying to figure out when our future became our present. When did we get here? Look how far we've come. Look at this wonderful life we've created and the new memories this house will bring. I stopped myself there. I don't want to think about the future memories, I just want to live them. So, how far have we come? We're homeowners


XOXOX, 
Harmon Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment