Sunday, March 16, 2014

Turkey Chili


My smokin' hot husband loves chili. I've been working on what I like in my chili for quite sometime & I've finally found what works for us. This recipe is simple, quick, a healthier version of chili so there's no feeling guilty after! I like to make it early in the day & let it simmer, because everyone knows chili gets better in time! However, you could totally throw this together & get it on the table in 30 minutes and it would still be delicious! 



Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can pinto beans
1 can great northern beans 
1 can black beans 
2 cans mild rotel 
2 tbsp tomato paste 
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp chili powder 
2 cans water 

Directions: 
1. Throw diced peppers in a large pot & brown the turkey with the peppers. 
2. Add garlic, onion powder, chili powder, and tomato paste. Blend until spices and paste is mixed well with turkey and peppers. 
3. Add all bean & rotel cans to pot and mix well. 
4. Add water, mix well. 
5. Bring to boil and let simmer for at least 20 minutes. (I simmer longer but totally by choice) 

We topped ours with cheese tonight. This chili is also great with avocado, plain Greek yogurt, sour cream, or sriracha :) ....I've tried different combos several times! Try whatever you life & I'm sure it will be scrumptious

XOXOX, 
Harmon Housewife 

No comments:

Post a Comment