Sunday, March 9, 2014

Birthdays Are My Favorite

Today is my smokin' hot husband's birthday! I am so excited. Birthdays really are my favorite. 

                (One of my favorites)

We had quite the fun day & he seemed very pleased with all plans! First, we went hiking on Turkey Mountain after breakfast. We really love hiking. We don't get to do it often any more because of the kids but we're starting to get used to going places with all 3 so it's getting easier every time! We took J hiking for the first time at 3 months & now the twins go for their first hike at 3 months as well! 

      The beginning, she was so excited. 

                  Carrying his girls :) 

             The view was so pretty! 

                          Sweet J 

We got subway after our hike, it's pretty much a hiking tradition. J had her first experience at Subway, I think she enjoyed it! 



Our good friends from church watched our sweet babies while we went to see a movie! Another treat these days! We saw the new 300 movie, we really enjoyed it. 

After our fun day, I cooked Joe's birthday dinner. I always cook our favorite man a big meal. He never requests anything hardly because he claims "You make everything good." (He's a smart man) so I'm always wondering what can I make him that's special?? I decided to go with oven fried pork chops because we rarely eat pork & he loves them! I served them with baked beans (another fav) & a green chile hashbrown casserole. It was delicious

My smokin' hot husband did request 1 thing for his birthday this year: Oreo Peppermint Icecream cake! It was delicious. It was my first time to make this treasure. His mom used to make it all the time for him. The recipe was handed down from his very special Great Aunt Janet. So it's super special :) I'll have to get permission to blog that recipe but I'll definitely try to post it because it's sinfully delicious & worth every calorie. 

All in all we had an amazing day as a family & together just the two of us for the movie. Birthdays are my favorite & celebrating someone as wonderful as him is even better. 

Joe, I'm forever thankful for you! Every day you work harder so I don't have to. You provide for our family so I can stay home and be there for our children. I've watched you change from the life of the party to an amazing father, Christian, & husband. I'm so proud of every thing you are and all you do. I'm beyond blessed you belong to me & I can't wait to celebrate you every birthday for the rest of your life. People wait their entire lives to share a love like ours & we're blessed to have found it so young. 

XOXOX, 
Harmon Housewife 

No comments:

Post a Comment